Our vendors have served notice that they will begin to access overweight charges to any piece of cargo weighing over 300 lbs. As a result, Caribbean Cargo DC is forced to impart these charges. Effective July 1st 2016, any box, appliance or barrel that weighs over 300 pounds, will be assessed on the overweight charges as follows:
COMMERCIAL BIN GUIDELINES
- 300 lbs – Recommended Max Weight
- 301 lbs – 450lbs – $25 heavy weight charge
- 451 lbs – 500lbs – $45 heavy weight charge
- 500> lbs – $55 heavy weight fee plus recommendation to ship bin on pallet (in the event customer chooses not to ship 500> lb bin on pallet, CCDC will require customer to sign damage waiver)
- Wrapping/Strapping – $10 fee mandatory
- CCDC must review guidelines with customers before they pack bins.
- Guidelines must be attached to ALL commercial bin delivery invoices.
- Customer reps must advise customers of charges before scheduling pick-ups.
- < 500lbs – No heavyweight charge.
- 501lbs – 750lbs – $25 heavy weight charge
- 751lbs – 1000lbs – $45 heavy weight charge
- 1001lbs – 1750lbs – $65 heavy weight charge
- 1751lbs – 2499lbs – $95 heavy weight charge
- 2500lbs > – $150 heavy weight charge
- 300lbs – 450lbs – $10 heavy weight charge
- 451lbs – 500lbs – $15 heavy weight charge
- 501 lbs > – $20 heavy weight charge